• Inspect the roof. This doesn’t have to mean you walk around on the roof. In fact, you want to avoid walking on the roof to help it stay nicer for longer. You can climb up a ladder and look from there, or use binoculars and look from the ground.
• Clean the gutters. When you clean the gutters, you want to be sure to look for little granules from your shingles. If there are a lot, you may have an issue. Cleaning the gutters is also a good idea because it reduces the weight and pull on your roof.
• Trim your trees. You want to make sure that all tree limbs are far away from your roof. Trees can be bad for roofs because they can fall on them or their leaves and twigs can fall on them.
• Check the attic. Part of your inspection for roofing in Pittsburgh should include checking the attic. You want to look for signs of excessive moisture or leaks. These can be big signs that you have roofing issues.
• Remove any moss. In certain areas, moss can grow on your roof. Part of your roof care should include removing that moss to ensure that you don’t get a bigger issue.
You can easily keep big roof problems at bay by taking care of little roof problems. Some of these issues don’t even require a contractor. However, it is suggested that you have a professional look at your roof occasionally to make sure that you didn’t miss anything. Roofing in Pittsburgh doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg if you stay ahead of roof issues.Share post